In Person Worship Services Resume at Hope
Many of us are missing gathering with our church family on Sunday mornings. Recognizing this important need for connection, starting Sunday, August 23, Hope started the relaunch of in-person worship.
We are not immediately returning to the full experience of worship that we were accustomed to, but instead are using a phased-in approach to coming back. For the safety of our members, worship participants, and tech team, some precautions and restrictions have been put in place in accordance with Alberta Health guidelines:
- 10 people may preregister to attend Sunday services (beginning August 23) by calling the church office. As we move forward into the fall, and provided things continue to go smoothly and our community remains healthy, we will expand the number of permitted attendees until we reach our new physically-distanced maximum capacity;
- Attendees should arrive 15 to 20 minutes before service. Access the building from the large parking lot only, please;
- Attendees must wear a mask and use hand sanitizer upon entry;
- An usher will greet attendees and ask COVID health check questions. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING IF YOU FEEL UNWELL;
- Attendees will be seated by an usher (social distancing regulations apply);
- The church doors will be locked at 9:55 am to ensure there is no interference with the recording of the worship service for our online connected congregation;
- There will be no social time after the service;
- Singing by attendees is not allowed, but humming is encouraged;
- The primary experience of worship will remain online connected. Those who are present in the sanctuary will need to make space for cameras, lighting equipment, and the AV booth at the back of the space.
Although the in-person experience will be very different from what we were accustomed to, and perhaps diminished in many ways, it will still be wonderful to begin to see each other in person again. The presence of even just a few more people in the sanctuary will enhance the experience for those continuing to participate by phone and internet.
Looking forward to being together in person,
Zena Kuziej, Relaunch Coordinator